Can you say Mah-Loo-Lah-Knee?

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Si tu quiere que me coma...que?


Esa hevita esta enterita tiene tremendo CULO!
esta tan linda, esta tan rica, tiene tremendo CULO!
que rica chiquita, pero que importa si tiene tremendo CULO!
Has me el favor y meneate chica tienes tremendo CULO!


For those of you not familiar with the fiendish stylings of Pitbull, he is one of the hottest people in the music industry right now. He has total command of the newest wave of rap music--REGGAETON--a style of music that contains a mixture of hip hop beats and the latin beats of salsa. He has brought us this music through songs like "Culo," "Toma," and "Dammit Man." Pitbull, along with other artists--Paula Deanda, Yung Joc, Mistah Fab, Danity Kane, Brooke Hogan, Ludacris, and none other then the Bay Area's own, E-40--hosted Wild 94.9's BOO BOMB concert last night at the HP Pavillion.

Let me just say that I can hardly speak, I have a ringing in my ears that just does not want to go away, and for some reason, lets just say I need my inhaler (my being an asthmatic and bothered by smoke).

I was in school yesterday and as I was waiting for the lightrail to come, I was on the phone with my friend who was attending the concert (at the time, my plan was to go home and get some homework done). She informed me that she and her cousin may have an extra ticket--need I say that I jumped at the opportunity to procrastinate more homework and attend a concert with some of the hottest names in the music industry.

So, come 7 p.m. I find myself sitting in the upper level of the HP Pavillion listening to music and waiting for the concert to begin. Although Wild 94.9 announced that the concert had sold out in a mere 5 hours, looking around, more than 75% of the seats were empty with a little under a half an hour before the concert began.

At 7:30 p.m. the show began with its opening act, Paula Deanda. There were a few technical problems and the first song was barely audible over the screech of the microphone, the second song I had never heard and it was at this moment that I found myself rather bored. During her third and final song, a man walked on stage and began to sing with her, to my surprise, amazement, and excitement it was Baby Bash (I can honestly say I was no longer bored, he sexy, sultry voice brought me to my feet, screaming and yelling like I was a teenie bopper again). But as soon as he began, he just as soon ended and I was back in my seat.

Next up, Yung Joc. He is still somewhat new to the music industry, however he does have a huge amount of popularity, especially amoung this crowd (from what I noticed). I am not familiar with many of his songs, so much like with Paula Deanda's appearance, I found myself in my seat much of the time (bored and unamused).

Then, the smooth talking Chingy appeared on stage and I found myself evolving back to my younger self once again. Standing up, cheering, singing, having fun (a new concept to me--at least recently anyways).

Then the concert changed, at least for the moment. The concert at that moment, became not only fun, but exremely intense. My friend and I found ourselves at the bottom of the stairs (still so far away, but feeling so much closer), screaming our lungs out, dancing up a storm, and having the time of our lives. And for who do you ask? The love of my life, or at least for the moment, PITBULL. He was only on stage for 20 - 30 minutes, but it lasted a lifetime and I never wanted it to end, but it did, and it ended badly.

The apparently popular Mistah Fab followed Pitbull, disappointing me and allowing me to find my way back to my seat to, shall we say, calm down. Now, I am sure I have heard of his songs, because I found myself reciting some of the lyrics, however, I am not good with artist names and song titles, so before this concert I could not tell you who he was or what he sang/rapped, and to be honest, I probably still couldn't.

Then the concert changed, for the worse. As I said before, there were a few artists preceding this point, which did not amuse me as much as I think they should have, but the next artist, almost killed me. It could just be me, but I am fairly positive that artists are supposed to keep people going, dancing, screaming and having fun, but at this point, I think almost the entire arena took a bathroom break, because the goings on in the halls and in the bathrooms were much more exciting and entertaining than DANITY KANE. They had to be the least exciting performers, they spent most of their time on stage talking, and when they did sing, dare I say that it was horrid--they cannot harmonize, they cannot dance, and worst of all they cannot entertain a crowd, hence the going to the bathroom. When they exited the stage, I must say, I cheered, loudly. And then the arena went dark.

A spot light came on stage, and there was a man. One needing no introduction, one by the name of Hogan, Hulk Hogan. This, for me, was a complete turn around from the previous act, because Hulk Hogan is an icon. I remember watching him when I was younger, in the good 'ole days of the WWF and the WCW. He was one stage for a matter of minutes as he introduced his daughter, singer Brooke Hogan. She is very new to the industry, and she has a few issues with dancing and singing at the same time, but at 5'8" she commands the stage and did as good of a job as can be expected. I suspect she may not leave a legacy quite like her father's, but she will definately make a name for herself (hopefully a good one).

Then my heart skipped a beat as the one and only Ludacris walked on stage. And I found that kid in me one more time. Dancing, screaming (or at least attempting to, at this point I think I had lost my voice during the first song), and enjoying what I hoped would not end, at least any time soon. But my hopes came crashing down, when his performance finally ended.

The stage was then taken over, by the Bay, or excuse me, the Yay Area's own E-40. And I must say that the entire crowd was going, well stupid. Until it ended, with a round of "Tell me when to go" and ending with the lights coming up and E-40 walking off stage. That was it, that was the end, I honestly expected more, at least for the ending.

Overall, the concert was a blast, with a few drawbacks in the beginning and a few near the middle, but the good points outweighed the bad. The arena was sold out and and I had almost forgotten what it was like to attend a concert, until that night. But one thing I can tell you I haven't missed over the years, is the people smoking weed, blacks and even cigarettes. Most people there were probably about my age, if not older, so why is it they have yet to grow up? But that is a different post for a different time.

Let me leave you with this--concerts are for entertainment, they bring you back to your youth (or as I call them, the good 'ol days). But when at concerts, although they may make you feel young again, remember you are still an adult, and you should always carry yourself in such a manner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home