Can you say Mah-Loo-Lah-Knee?

Monday, November 06, 2006

Not My Cup of Tea

So, apparently metablogging is not my cup of tea, I tried, but I failed. I read Scoble's blog about companies blogging and I attempted to write my own blog about it, but honestly, I either don't have much of an opinion about it, or I'm just have blogging block. I'm not quite sure.

Let me try one more time. Company blogging seems to be something that should be determined on a case by case basis. If a company has even one employee that would be interested in blogging, why stop them. In my opinion, stopping them from blogging would make the company appear to be the bad guy, in a sense.

Blogging is all about opinions, sharing them with others or just writing it out for yourself. Sometimes it is venting, sometimes it is based on something seen, read or even heard. But is it harmful if an employee vents or rants about a hard day at work? NO. How could it be? I work for Best Buy and every once in a while I have a bad day at work. If I were to blog about my day and the crappy customers that I had to deal with, do you really think that would effect the company at all? Probably not. There are some days that I have great days at work and I want to come home and tell someone about it, would it be wrong if I decided to blog about it? No. What if I wanted to blog about the goings on at work, the lastest and greatest things happening, would that be bad? No.

So why is it that Apple does not allow their employees to have a company blog? I don't know, but I will say this, I don't understand what the big deal is; if they want to blog, let them blog. It is not going to hurt any one.

And I must say, blogging about blogging is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home